Saturday 3 October 2009

succumb to a passion

It has finally happened, the town, Kendal, that I have been bleating on about, my musings growing steadily over the past year, have finally taken hold, unable to continue piecemeal to record its buildings and folk I am now forced to commit a dedicated time to this pastime.

With it now being October the nights are drawing in and the ambient temperature already forcing me out of my sandals, what a stupid time to make a decision that forces me out into the weather but hey, such is life.

I am not sure as yet how this study will take place, I already have many fotographs of the townsfolk and sketches of buildings, I even have a couple of books, donated by Andrew, a Kendalian born and bred, which provide many photographs of ‘Old Kendal’, despite its sometimes desperate history it nonetheless continues to be a place of great romance for me.

I have set up a dedicated facebook page that will act as a fan base and have started to mailshot many local people who might have an interest, either in following an artistic study of their town or wish to follow my research as a part of their own learning curve, research! The thing I had most difficulty comprehending in college only now makes sense in as much as I have an open time scale to do it properly, one hopes.

This will not be a blog of historical facts laid out in the form of a chronological story though it will be impossible to avoid the historical facts, these will however materialise and form in the most organic way as I complete my wanderings around the town and will lead, ultimately to the Doodle Room Exhibition arranged for September 2010, more details on this nearer the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment